Coordinator - Residential Youth Care
Anglicare SQ - Children & Families - Logan, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare’s Residential Youth Care Services provide care and support to children and young people in a home setting, as an alternative to foster and kinship care and range from immediate response as an option for young people experiencing crisis, to short and long term options for children and young people who require stable care. We provide high quality day to day care for children and young people and to contribute to overall support for recovery from trauma, development of emotional regulation, resilience, self-esteem and self-efficacy.
Due to service growth and internal movements, we require two experienced and dedicated Coordinators to join the team full time, covering Logan and surrounding areas. These are fixed term roles for 18 months, with possible extension. The main responsibility is to support our Youth Workers - Residential Youth Care to oversee the provision of the therapeutic care for children and young people who are on Child Protection Orders and for various reasons are not able to live with their own family.
Highly experienced in a leadership role within the Child, Youth and Family sector, you will feel confident displaying the following skill set:
- Demonstrated experience in child protection or youth work within Residential programs
- Supervision and team leadership, including rostering and resource management
- Experience in planning and implementing strategies based on individual needs and behaviours
- Working in a highly collaborative and consultative manner, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience in group facilitation; one on one mentoring and team development
- Strong administrative capacity including reporting, budget management and general documentation
Some of your personal attributes will include:
- A bright, enthusiastic and dedicated approach to the care and support of young people
- Problem solving skills, an innovative approach and ability to think outside the box
- Exceptional capacity to communicate with a range of people including children, parents and other service providers
- Negotiation and influencing skills, with the confidence to present information in a manner well suited to your audience
- Ethical standards, integrity and understanding of the professionalism to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated understanding of continuous quality improvement with a consistent focus on child safety and wellbeing, following best practice procedures
You will be required to hold qualifications which include:
- Degree in Behavioural or Human Services, Psychology, Social Work or similar
- A current Licenced Care Services (LCS)
- Valid Blue Card (Working with Children)
- Current Queensland Driver Licence
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working in your local community and providing support for some of its most vulnerable people
- Offering encouragement and motivation to a hard working team
- The ability to increase your take home pay with salary packaging options
- Career progression and development in the form of internal and external training
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organization that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3228
For further information please contact
Tammy Lloyd on 07 3340 9244
Applications close Sunday 21st January 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.