Anglicare SQ - Meilene Residential Aged Care Facility - Bundaberg, QLD
About the Position
Located on our spacious campus at Bundaberg East, Anglicare SQ’s fully accredited service of Meilene, is strengthened by a team of values-driven professionals who sincerely care about what we do and the difference we make in our residents’ lives. The service is focused on providing excellent 24 hour nursing and care assistance and also provides special accommodation and recreational amenities for those with dementia. Short-term residential respite is also available. Meaning 'welcome', Meilene is the name of the homestead which originally stood on the property.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join our team to provide comprehensive and accurate nursing assessments, and to plan care based on the outcomes of assessment, utilising contemporary evidence based clinical knowledge and case management of Residents. This is a casual position to cover both planned and unscheduled leave, working on a seven-day rotating roster which will include weekends.
As a Registered Nurse with experience in the Aged Care sector, you will be flexible and enthusiastic, with a dedication to the care and support of the elderly, and be able to offer:
- Strong clinical background and current knowledge of practices
- Skills in palliative care, dementia care, wound care, medication management and post-acute care
- Robust residential experience and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Proven ability to manage workload and ensure documentation is complete and up to date
- Working knowledge of ACFI and other funding processes
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal and an ability to work effectively within a team environment, relating to a wide range of staff, management, residents and families
- Sound computer knowledge with experience in clinical systems (AutumnCare would be beneficial)
- Compassion and enthusiasm, with a friendly, approachable attitude
- Client-centred care to residents and their families which respects and protects their rights, privacy and wellbeing
You will also require a Degree in Nursing, current registration with AHPRA and a National Police Certificate.
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working with dedicated professionals under a supportive and engaged manager in a family-focused facility
- Developing skills within the growing sector of Aged Care
- Career progression and development in the form of internal and external training
- Work/life balance with casual hours across weekdays and weekends
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3338
For further information please contact
Carol Frith on 07 4151 7527
Applications close Sunday 25th March 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare SQ is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare SQ are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare SQ is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare SQ stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare SQ has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.