Coordinator - Foster & Kinship Care
Anglicare SQ - Children & Families - Gympie, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare’s Children & Families have a long history of providing family and children support services, including family intervention, foster and kinship care, counselling, relationship support and much more. Our Foster & Kinship Care Programs provide children and young people, who are not able to live with their own family, the opportunity to live in a safe nurturing family environment.
This essential Gympie-based service requires an experienced Coordinator to join their team on a full time basis, to coordinate the Foster and Kinship Care Team, provide quality guidance, direction and supervision to Practitioners, Foster and Kinship Care, and support advanced decision making processes. The Coordinator will ensure the recruitment, training, assessment and ongoing support of high quality Practitioners is maintained as per the service agreement requisites; and that the program meets the standards set out by the Department of Communities.
A motivated and dedicated professional within the Foster Care sector, your knowledge and background will include:
- A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of case work with in Foster and Kinship Care programs
- Management experience with the ability to mentor adults to achieve their personal best and facilitate groups for success
- Guidance, direction and supervision to a team of Case Workers and a commitment to empower staff to be self-directed in their learning and development
- Ability to remain calm in responding to emergent situations – this includes problem solving and making fast, effective and professional decisions in an inclusive and evidence-based manner
- Applied knowledge and understanding of the Child Protection System with the ability to work and communicate decisions within a statutory framework for practice
- Working confidently and capably using a practice framework that is child-centric and culturally sensitive
- Understanding of, and ability to apply advanced skills in managing Human Resources practices within a statutory, policy and procedural framework
- Skilled in the use of computers and at an intermediate level with Microsoft Suite
Some of your personal attributes will include:
- Problem solving skills, an innovative approach and ability to think outside the box
- Exceptional capacity to communicate with a range of people including children, parents and other service providers
- Negotiation and influencing skills, with the confidence to present information in a manner well suited to your audience
- A genuine and dedicated attitude to supporting children and families
- The ability to work cooperatively in a team and develop strong, successful working relationships
- A focus on engaging in positive, future focused, and evidence based discussions to empower and build teams
- An understanding of Change Management principles and practices
Qualifications and documentation required:
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social or Behavioural Sciences or similar field
- A valid Blue Card (Working with Children)
- Current Licenced Care Service (LCS)
- A current Queensland Driver Licence
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (desired)
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working in your local community and providing support for some of its most vulnerable people
- The ability to increase your take home pay with salary packaging options
- Career progression and development in the form of internal and external training
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3355
For further information please contact
Sue Mills on 0411 428 582
Applications close Wednesday 25th April 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.