Anglicare SQ - Kirami Residential Aged Care Facility - Hervey Bay, Qld
About the Position
Situated in pristine Hervey Bay with a unique bushland setting that supports a large native bird habitat, Kirami is a fully-accredited aged care facility strengthened by a team of value-driven professionals who sincerely care about what they do and what they bring to our organisation. The Aboriginal word Kirami, meaning ‘home’ or ‘place of care’, represents the commitment of our staff in providing the highest standards of aged care service.
We are looking for a part time Enrolled Nurse to join our team and provide resident-centred nursing care. In this role you will work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. You will also assess individual needs of residents and work as part of a team to ensure nursing care achieved identified outcomes.
As an experienced Enrolled Nurse, your background will include working within the Aged Care sector, along with:
- Assessment and implementation of individual nursing care plans for residents
- Active participation in clinical practice including case conferencing and other forums
- Demonstrated knowledge of legislation and common law practice relating to enrolled nursing
- Effective and time sensitive reporting and documentation
- Dedication to continuous quality improvement and high care standards
Our successful candidate will be flexible, approachable and proactive with the following personal attributes:
- Exceptional communicator and able to build rapport quickly and effectively
- Team player who works in a supportive and collaborative manner
- Committed to client-centric care and resident advocacy
Your qualifications will include:
- Current AHPRA registration and Practicing Certificate
- Ability to commit to permanent, part time hours on a 24/7 roster
- A National Police Certificate
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working with a team of dedicated professionals
- Career progression and development in the form of internal and external training
- Work and life balance with part time hours
- The ability to increase your take home pay with salary packaging options
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3363
For further information please contact
Michelle De Quincey or Theresa Thompson on 07 4191 2888
Applications close Friday 20th April 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.