Anglicare SQ - Meilene Residential Aged Care Facility - Bundaberg, QLD
About the Position
Located on our spacious campus at Bundaberg East, Anglicare SQ’s fully accredited service of Meilene, is strengthened by a team of values-driven professionals who sincerely care about what we do and the difference we make in our residents’ lives. The service is focused on providing excellent 24 hour nursing and care assistance and also provides special accommodation and recreational amenities for those with dementia. Short-term residential respite is also available. Meaning 'welcome', Meilene is the name of the homestead which originally stood on the property.
We are looking for a full time Clinical Nurse to join our team to coordinate the day-to-day clinical activities of care staff to enable the provision of high quality nursing care for aged care residents. The Clinical Nurse is responsible for supporting the Facility Manager and Care Coordinator to lead a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of individualised quality nursing care. This role works closely with staff with responsibility for the education activities and staff for ACFI documentation.
With an extensive background in Aged Care nursing, you will also be a strong, collaborative leader with the following skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of accreditation standards and ACFI
- Experience in coordination and clinical evaluations
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring of nursing and personal care staff
- Admissions and assessment of need to create and implement appropriate client-centric care packages
- Ability to communicate with a range of people - including families - with tact, diplomacy and respect
- A commitment to continuous improvement through evaluation and education
- An understanding of legislative requirements of Residential Aged Care, including Workplace Health and Safety
- Administrative experience including strong use of Word and Outlook and previous input to budget and operational activity
With a strong client focus and the drive to make a real contribution, you will need to have the following credentials:
- A degree in Nursing (post graduate qualifications will be highly regarded)
- Current registration with AHPRA
- A National Police Certificate
- A practicing certificate and several years’ experience in Aged Care
- The ability to work a 24/7 rotating roster including weekends and public holidays and be available for on-call shifts as required
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. Along with the opportunity to further develop both your leadership and clinical skills in the Aged Care environment, our successful candidate will enjoy:
- Working close to home in Bundaberg, with a team of dedicated professionals
- Career progression and development in the form of internal and external training
- Competitive salary plus the option of increasing your take-home pay with salary packaging
- Being a part of one of Queensland’s largest and most well respected non-profit organisations
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3220
For further information please contact
Carol Frith on 0478325042
Applications close Friday 19th January 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.