Client Liaison / Team Leader
Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - Bundaberg, QLD
About The Position
Anglicare’s Wide Bay Community Aged & Disability team is key in providing care and support to a range of clients, throughout the region. We work with people to explore new options, open doors and create solutions that enable people to live well in their own homes. Due to organisational development we are looking for a full-time Client Liaison/ Team Leader to join our team in Bundaberg. We require a confident, collaborative and capable professional who will be responsible for engaging in client relationship management and packaged care case management with consumers (client, their carer/s, family and advocates) of consumer directed care service models.
The Client Liaison roles undertake assessment, support planning, packaged care coordination and case management activities designed in collaboration with the client to assist them to achieve their identified goals. In addition, this position will have Team Leader responsibilities - supervising Home Care Workers and Support Service Workers on a day-to-day basis, assisting with the orientation of new staff and providing guidance and support, including assessment of work practices, client documentation and other related activities, as delegated.
With a background within Community, Aged Care or Disabilities sectors, you will offer the following experience:
- Proven understanding of assessments, packaged care and case management and ability to implement successfully
- Able to engage clients, develop rapport quickly, and work effectively with them to achieve identified goals
- Offer support and guidance to clients with budget management and financial sustainability
- Experience in monitoring and assessing services provided to ensure they are in accordance with service models and guidelines
- Leadership, guidance and mentoring of a team including conflict resolution and collaborative decision making
Your main attributes will include:
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal – and the ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Ability to advocate strongly for your clients and the services they require, with a results-focus
- A sound understanding of the community care system and the people who utilise this service
- Diplomacy and negotiation; people management capabilities; influencing and problem solving skills
- Self-managing and motivating with the capacity to manage your own workload effectively, while monitoring and maintaining a team
Required qualifications will include:
- Certificate IV in Health, Home and Community Care, Aged Care, Disability Support or similar; and/or qualifications in Case Management
- First Aid Certificate with CPR
- A current Blue Card (Working With Children) with Yellow Card exemption
- Queensland Driver Licence and your own reliable vehicle
- Current National Police Certificate
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working close to home, and making a difference within your local community
- The opportunity to work with a group of friendly and dynamic professionals within an innovative space and growing industry
- A chance to increase take-home pay with Salary Packaging
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3236
For further information please contact
Linda Mulligan on 07 5459 5333
Applications close Friday 26th January 2018
Assistance from Recruitment Agencies is not required at this time
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.